Standing: Full-time, exempt
Compensation: $60,000-80,000 DOE
Complete well being/dental insurance coverage, full pension, PTO
Desired Begin Date: June 1, 2023
Utility Deadline: February 1, 2023
Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in downtown Portland, Oregon, seeks a priest or lay skilled with demonstrated expertise and experience in grownup religious formation, inter-religious dialogue, and the humanities. The profitable candidate can have a ardour for the mission of the church, for the position of formation in fulfilling that mission, and a ardour for lifelong studying and improvement within the Christian life.
Trinity is a vibrant, engaged, and inclusive religion neighborhood famend for its worship and music, academic choices, and outreach to the neighborhood. Grownup schooling has lengthy been a “signature” ministry of the Cathedral, and the profitable candidate will be capable to honor and construct on this historical past whereas bringing new vitality and presents to this program space.
- Major coordinator of grownup schooling programming at Trinity. Schedules and recruits academics for Sunday morning boards, Wednesday night courses, and month-to-month Saturday “mini-retreats.” As “lead trainer, she” ella teaches programs on all kinds of matters, together with scripture, historical past, liturgy, spirituality, prayer, and different areas of expertise and curiosity.
- Oversees and coordinates visitor lectures and workshops at Trinity, working with dean and cathedral management to steward the legacy and assets of the Middle for Non secular Growth and the Ann Weikel Historical past Belief.
- In partnership with Dean, employees workforce, and Non secular Formation Fee, articulates and embodies a imaginative and prescient for schooling and formation that shifts away from the “info acquisition” method towards a holistic lifelong formation imaginative and prescient. This will embrace improvement of recent academic applications, in addition to the continued audit and assessment of current applications and small teams.
- In partnership with employees workforce, discerns an applicable method to pastoral care in a big parish setting, working with lay and clergy management to develop a workforce method that can ably make the most of priestly presents for pastoral care, whereas crafting a sturdy neighborhood method that invitations and equips members of the congregation to care compassionately for each other in want.
- Full participant within the preaching and liturgical rotations of the Cathedral, together with week-day providers, weddings and funerals, and participates in employees planning and visioning round liturgy and ministry programming.
- Oversees the work of Trinity Arts Fee, Labyrinth Guild, and different small teams, making certain applicable communication, assist and oversight of engaged legislation management.
- Div/MA/MTS in Theology or Faith, or equal
- Demonstrated excellence in educating and academic improvement
- Robust organizational expertise
- Capacity to work collaboratively
- Pastoral coronary heart and talent to attach broadly throughout ages and experiences.
- Excellence in preaching and presiding
- Dedicated to the continued mission of Trinity Cathedral and the Episcopal Church, and the flexibility to articulate and embody this mission as an educator and minister.
Candidates ought to submit a canopy letter & resume to Shana McCauley, Canon for Cathedral Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 1.
About Trinity Episcopal Cathedral:
Trinity is a progressive and welcoming congregation in Northwest Portland aspiring to radical hospitality: our doorways swing broad to embrace individuals of many religions and non-faiths. With roughly 1800 energetic members, we welcome 1000’s of visitors and guests every year for fascinating courses and divine live shows, in addition to our every day meals pantry, which offers over 30,000 nourishing meals a 12 months to our metropolis’s most weak.
As an Equal Alternative Employer, we have a good time range and are dedicated to making a secure & nurturing setting for all staff no matter race, ethnicity, beliefs, nationwide origin, studying kinds, incapacity, sexuality or gender expression. Be taught extra at trinity-episcopal.org