Pile within the automotive for a leisurely vacation drive or take a sizzling cocoa-fueled stroll when you ooh and oh at Houston’s hottest Christmas gentle shows—in residential neighborhoods and at metropolis landmarks alike.
Yearly, Houston neighborhoods gentle up like a Christmas tree (actually), with properties, streets, and yards decked within the season’s best ornaments.
Usually, trying out a few of Houston’s finest neighborhood Christmas gentle shows will not price you something greater than the gasoline it takes to get there. Simply be certain you respect the neighborhoods and the residents who so kindly showcase their properties.
Acceptable hours to do Christmas gentle drive-bys are usually from 7pm to 10pm; and the sunshine shows normally begin going darkish and coming down the weekend following New 12 months’s Day.
On the lookout for extra vacation issues to do? Dive deeper into much more in our vacation season guides.
Extra Vacation Points of interest & Issues to Do
2022 Christmas Lights in Houston Neighborhoods
- River Oaks – For one of the extravagant shows of vacation lights within the metropolis, you will wish to try the grand, decked-out properties and towering oak bushes round one in all Houston’s most distinguished neighborhoods, River Oaks. Enter from Kirby—both from Shepherd or Westheimer—and start winding your approach by way of the hood as you uncover enclave after enclave of vibrant vacation lights and custom. You too can park your automotive close to the River Oaks Nation Membership to traverse the hood’s hottest streets by foot.
- The Heights & Woodland Heights – With its annual Lights within the Heights block get together, this pleasant neighborhood brings all of the allure and vacation spirit. You may discover shimmering shows all through the month of December, from the enjoyable and funky to the quaint and delightful. And all of it’s straightforward to see by foot or with a fast drive by way of the hood. Take a look at the world bordered by I-10, Heights Boulevard and nineteenth Road, and I-45.
- downtown houston | Metropolis Corridor, Market Sq. Park, Principal Road Sq., Discovery Inexperienced & Houston Avenue – Take a look at the annual, towering Vacation Tree at Metropolis Corridor and wander by way of gentle tunnels and shows at Winter Wanderland on Bagby Road; spend some vacation cheer within the fantastically adorned Market Sq. Park (and steal a kiss out of your sweetheart beneath Texas’ largest mistletoe ball), marvel on the Deck the Timber show within the home windows of George R. Brown Conference Middle (going through Avenida de las Americas , aka Avenida Houston), and do not miss making a pit cease to skate or take within the vibes at The Ice at Discovery Inexperienced (be sure to e book a spot prematurely if you happen to’re planning to skate, although).
- preston wooden Forest close to Willowbrook – Nestled in Northwest Houston, this neighborhood subdivision has been a vacation vacation spot because the ’70s. Throughout its annual Nite of Lites (which begins this 12 months on Saturday, December 10), a whole bunch of properties gentle up, all competing in a holiday-spirited competitors with classes like Finest Home, Finest Door, Finest Mailbox, Finest Block, and the Folks’s Selection Award. The map consists of the world round Prestonwood Forest from Cypresswood to 249, and from Ravenhurst and Schroeder to Charlynne Oaks to Hargrave.
- The Woodlands – You may discover that almost all neighborhoods within the Woodlands function properties, if not entire streets, that supply extravagant Christmas lights. Prior to now, the Panther Creek and Alden Bridge neighborhoods have been recognized for setting the bar excessive, a number of of the properties that includes over-the-top shows, a few of that are choreographed to music. As well as, a stroll alongside the tree-lit Woodlands Waterway is a vacation custom price beginning, as is trying out Market Road, with its hovering Christmas tree and twinkling lights.
- Houston’s Procuring Districts | Uptown, River Oaks District & Highland Village – Operating alongside Submit Oak and Westheimer, these merry and vibrant purchasing districts are nicely price a drive-by, or a stop-in if you wish to hit all of these vacation gross sales. Drive down Submit Oak and south in direction of the Galleria, taking within the white lights on the Christmas bushes lining Uptown’s major vacation thoroughfare. If you arrive at Westheimer, take a left and cross beneath the Loop to move in direction of the dazzling River Oaks District and Highland Village.
- Backyard Oaks/Oak Forest – The Shepherd Park Plaza neighborhood has rocked over-the-top lights and decked-out vacation shows because the late Nineteen Sixties. The close by Candlelight Park will get in on the motion, too; Each residential areas carry whole streets collectively to create a magical expertise full with Santas, inflatables, enjoyable themes, and shimmering lights.
- Pecan Grove – This festive Richmond neighborhood attracts locals in with its showstopping Christmas lights. Plantation Drive is the principle strip, with some streets being extra embellished than others. Take a drive to soak up the neighborhood’s vacation spirit.
2022 Ticketed Christmas Mild Shows Round Houston
- Dasher’s Drive-Through & Winterland at Humble Civic Middle | Ongoing by way of Saturday, December 31 – Get within the spirit with a day by day light-filled spectacle you could drive by way of in Humble, previous large Christmas bushes, snowmen, and thru acres of land. Or, hop out of the automotive and watch the lights, together with some not seen within the drive-thru, and revel in inflatable impediment programs, a maze, Santa pictures and extra. Tickets begin at $29.95 per car; $9.95 per particular person for Winterland passes. Occasions differ.
- Sugar Land Vacation Lights at Constellation Discipline | Ongoing by way of New Years Day, Sunday, January 1 – Greater than three million lights create a glowing winter wonderland on the dwelling of the Sugar Land House Cowboys. There’s additionally a vacation market, themed shows, a carnival and visits with Santa Claus. $15; $12 ages 4 to 12. Occasions differ.
- Lightscape at Houston Botanic Backyard | Ongoing by way of New Years Day, Sunday, January 1 – This dazzling show returns, taking company on a winding path by way of the backyard, showcasing gorgeous lighting installations, many set towards favourite vacation tunes. $16 and up. 5:30 p.m. to eight:30 p.m.
- The Mild Park in Katy & Spring | Ongoing by way of New Years Day, Sunday, January 1 – Roll into the vacation season on the Mild Park in Katy and Spring, which options an interactive vacation expertise that sends vehicles by way of hundreds of thousands of twinkling lights, accompanied by vacation music and festive cheer. The Mild Park is featured at Hurricane Texas in Katy, and at Hurricane Harbor in Spring. Tickets begin at $39 per car. Occasions differ.
- Galaxy Lights at House Middle Houston | Ongoing by way of New Years Day, Sunday, January 1 – House Middle Houston returns this 12 months with Galaxy Lights, a stellar spectacle that twinkles all through the campus, permitting guests to step by way of space-themed gentle installations, soak up high-tech experiences, and stroll amongst flown spacecraft in a one-of-a -kind vacation occasion that may solely be present in House Metropolis. Tickets vary from $19.95 to $27.95; Free for ages 3 and beneath. Combo tickets, which additionally grant normal admission to the House Middle at 3pm, vary from $49.90 to $57.90; $44.90 and up for ages 4 to 11. 6pm to 10pm.
- Metropolis Lights in Downtown Houston | Ongoing by way of Monday, January 2 | some FREE – Soak up lighted sights throughout Downtown this vacation season, the place 8 vacation sights from Discovery Inexperienced to the Theater District supply the prospect to get into the spirit of the season, together with Alley Theatre’s Deck the Timber at George R. Brown Conference Middle, sights and sounds at Discovery Inexperienced, and Winter Wonderland alongside Bagby Road which gives an illuminated tunnel, large angel wings and constellation arches. 5pm to 10pm.
- Competition of Lights at Moody Gardens | Ongoing by way of Saturday, January 7 – Brighten up your vacation season on the Competition of Lights in Moody Gardens, which includes a mile-long path of a couple of million lights and illuminated scenes with views of Galveston Bay. The family-friendly mainstay additionally gives an outside skating rink, distributors serving sizzling chocolate and eats, and stay leisure, plus the Ice Land attraction, the place a staff of expert ice carvers have reworked two million kilos of ice right into a festive journey world wide . Tickets begin at $25 for particular person sights; vacation passes, which embrace admission to a number of sights, begin at $65; $45 for ages 4 to 12 and 65+. Occasions differ.
- Magical Winter Lights at Houston Raceway Park | Ongoing by way of Saturday, January 7 – Get into the vacation spirit with these seven illuminated shows that includes greater than six million lights in Baytown. Stroll by way of a winter circus, grub on competition meals and extra. $25; $17 for ages 3 to 12 and 65+. Occasions differ.
- Texas Winter Lights at Marriott Marquis Houston | Ongoing by way of Monday, January 8 – Have some Texas-sized enjoyable on the sixth flooring Altitude Rooftop & Pool on the Marriott Marquis in Downtown throughout Texas Winter Lights, an interactive gentle expertise accessible nightly. Take pleasure in festive signature cocktails, enormous gentle shows, walk-through experiences and loads of ‘Gram-worthy parts. Stick round for a nightly “snowfall” and a winter-themed eating menu. And sure, the lazy river is open for floating and heated to 80° all winter lengthy. Tickets are $25 and up. 5pm to 10pm.
- Zoo Lights at Houston Zoo | Ongoing by way of Sunday, January 8 – Stroll by way of the Houston Zoo with sizzling chocolate in hand when you admire glimmering shows made up of greater than two million Christmas lights at this annual must-see attraction. Benefit from vacation photograph ops, make your approach by way of an illuminated tunnel, see life-sized animal lanterns, and extra. Tickets begin at $21.95 and up; Free for ages 2 and beneath. 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.